Cambodian Journalists Alliance (CamboJA) is currently looking for a full-time news reporter to join our newsroom.
|Report to||Editor-in-Chief (EC)|
|Status of Contract||Full-time (8-month contract)|
Reporter works under the supervision of Editor-in-Chief (EC). S/He must produce news stories assigned by editor/editor-in-chief.
|Produce news stories as assigned by EC|| – Attend editorial meetings; |
– Gather information, materials and interviews from sources to
prepare in-depth and investigative articles in consultation
– Find daily story ideas by himself/herself in consultation with
– Submit articles to editor or EC before deadline;
|Provide capacity building to staffs and partners||– Provide supports in trainings on related fields to reporters and freelance journalists; |
– Provide inputs to develop editorial policy for CamboJA’s newsroom;
– Provide inputs to develop journalistic code of ethics and provide orientation to reporters, freelance journalists, and others;
|Other tasks||– Other duties assigned by reporting lines|
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field;
- At least two-year successful work experience in the position of news reporter;
- Successful experience in producing breaking news, in-depth reports, features, interviews, and investigative reports;
- Good interpersonal and written communications skills;
- Good computer literacy in MS Office programs and Khmer Unicode;
- Proficient in speaking, listening, reading and writing in English
- Effective use of social media networks and the internet for research and investigation
- Wide understanding of social issues and capability to participate actively and critically in discussions
- Ability to work overtime, on holidays or on weekends, and to travel to provinces when required
- Being a passionate and energetic team member with a genuine interest in working to develop independent and professional media, promote human rights and democratic governance
Interested candidates are invited to send their CV, current photo and cover letter with expected salary rate to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for submission of applications is on May 17, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Application documents received will not be returned. Successful candidate is expected to start working during May or early June. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.