VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT (URGENT)
Cambodian Journalists Alliance (CamboJA) is currently looking for a passionate, detail-oriented project assistant to assist with project implementation efforts in our office.
|Report to||Project Coordinator|
|Status of Contract||Full-time|
Project assistant is responsible for assisting project coordinator and project team in planning and implementing project(s) to strengthen support base for Cambodian journalists.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Carry out activities to support the day-to-day execution of CamboJA’s projects
- Provide support to project coordinator in the administrative requirements of project implementation
- Assist in planning and organizing events, meetings as well as training activities for journalists (including but not limited to tracking and managing invitation lists, accommodations and travels)
- Collaborate in the inventory control by updating resources and equipment controls
- Undertake other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Available to begin working in May or early June (latest)
- Good understanding about media landscape in Cambodia
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office programs and social media
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and nonverbal
- Comfortable receiving and implementing constructive feedback
- Complete projects in a timely and complete manner, as supervised by project coordinator and executive director
- Translating document relevant to the project (Khmer <=> English)
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences field or related field
- A minimum of one-year work experience preferably in the area of administrative assistance, event planning, or media and communications
- Previous experience in project implementation especially with non-governmental organizations
- Good organizational skills and ability to manage priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Being a passionate and energetic team member with a genuine interest in working to develop independent and professional media, promote human rights and democratic governance
Interested candidates are invited to send their CV, current photo and cover letter with expected salary rate to: email@example.com. Closing date for submission of applications is on May 17, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Application documents received will not be returned. Successful candidate is expected to start working during May or early June. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.